March 13, 2006

can I have a mulligan?

Alright so the WBC is better than I was expecting. A lot better. The players appear to be in mid-season form. Well, the latin players anyway. I was talking to Moose the other day and he tells me "I can't believe the latin fans. They're totally into it!"

Big Papi goes yard-againOf course they're into it. These are the same people that brought us the drug cartels. The latin persona is steeped in extremism. These people make the North Koreans seem reasonable. Well, maybe not, but close.

Anyhow, I've seen a side of David Ortiz that is downright frightening. I'm used to seeing him don the uniform of the good guys. Watching him suit up for someone else is sobering. That stare, the murderous swing of his bat, the inevitable trot around the bases. If I'm pitching against him, I don't care if the bases are loaded, I walk the guy—every time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moose! in cyberspace!

8:49 AM EDT  
Blogger mrbass68 said...

the one, and only, Moose!

9:23 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home